Thursday, December 31, 2009

We made it!

Well folks, we have finally gotten moved in...YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! This has definitely been the most stressful move we have ever made...and you know that we are moving pros! I don't know if it was because of the lack of organization that the movers had, the fact that it was Christmas time, because we have all had terrible colds/allergies/crud (welcome home!), the 1000 miles!!!!!!, or a combination of all the above. Anyway with all that, we still made it. We are by no means organized yet, but we are getting there. I can not wait for the kids to go to school next week (without me going YIPEEEEEEEEE) to see what I can accomplish. Also I am dying to catch up with all my stay at home friends that I have missed dearly for the past year!

On to church news. The people here are wonderful!!!!! They absolutely outdone themselves. They had painted the entire house for us, including all the wood trim white! They set up a real Christmas tree for us and everybody in the congregation bought ornaments to "introduce themselves". They put bows and garland on all the windows and candy canes on all the cabinet knobs. They even had a wreath on the front door and an Alabama flag for Brad in the front yard (well nobody's perfect!). Brad preached Sunday for the first time and had 2 baptisms Sunday night, how awesome is that! Tonight we have our New Year's get together with games and finger foods followed by fireworks at midnight. I will hopefully get some pictures up soon, but first I need to find my camera :)! Hope everyone has a happy and safe New Year's!

No comments: