Sunday, September 26, 2010

Getting Scared!

I had my dr appt and pre-op on Friday. The dr just wanted to go over the details of my surgery and answer any questions we had. After all of that it became reality! He explained that the surgery would be about 2 1/2 hours long and that I would be on a morphine pump through the night. I didn't have c-sections so that is new to me. The next day we would see if I could eat and get up and if so I can go home late Wed afternoon. Once home, NOTHING for 2 weeks. Then 6-8 week for recovery. (What happened to 4-6 weeks?) He said I would have so many internal stitches (from taken my cervix), that it will be a long recovery. He said stay off my feet as much as possible and NO lifting for the 6-8 weeks. Needless to say I didn't sleep Friday night and only slept last night due to pain meds. I am super nervous, scared whatever you want to call it. Although today I have been in lots of pain (I guess God telling me this IS what I need). I know things will be fine, but it is for sure going to be a long week!

No comments: