Thursday, September 4, 2008

Spoke Too Soon!

Well I blogged yesterday about how great the day was and I was loving being at home. When I got to school to pick Carley up her teacher motioned for me to come there. I thought great what has she done now. Well it turns out she hit a little girl in the mouth. The entire way home I was thinking of things to make her do to realize the mistake she had made. When we got home, I ask her exactly what happened. She told me on the playground a little girl was pulling on her shirt and Carley had ask her to stop and the little girl kept on, so Carley hit her in the mouth. I ask Carley if the girl had to change her color like she did and Carley said no, but back in the classroom she had to change her color for messing with someone else. At that point I didn't see the need to punish Carley any further since she was defending herself. I simply explained from now on to tell her teacher and no more hitting. School is such a tough place for corrective parenting. You don't want your child to hit and be a bully, but at the same time you want the other children to leave them alone. I will take any advice on this matter that anybody has. Jacob has managed to make it all the way through kindergarten without ever being in trouble and Carley only made it 1 week. Who says girls are easier?
On to other news, the principal called today and offered me that job. I was thinking yesterday on turning it down, but I've prayed that God would show me what he wants me to do so I'm assuming this is it. It really is hard to pass up since I would have all the teacher retirement, insurance, and days off. I guess this is his way of saying I've relaxed enough. I start on Monday with the children not starting until Sept. 15. I will be the reading teacher working with 5 students every period for a total of 35 a day. Tomorrow me and Brad are going to Abilene for our last day together to eat somewhere nice and shop for fall clothes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! You sound like you need someone to talk to. Don't worry too much about Carley; it seems to me that she was defending herself. Now as for the job, I know you probably have mixed feelings about taking it. My advice is to only take the job if you truly want to take it.

Christy Tate said...

Thanks! I think the job is a great opportunity and it would hard to pass up. I'm sure in a few weeks I'll be ready to do something other than sit home anyway!

becky said...

now, how come God seems to know what you need, but He doesn't realize that i'm still a few years away from going back to any kind of regular work and i need my friend at home some days. you must promise me that on your school holidays, you will call me to make sure i'm not insane with 3 kids.

Christy Tate said...

I will plus I'll be home by 4:00 most days which will be soooo much better than last time getting home at 6:00.