Friday, April 17, 2009

Just to let everyone know...

Brad made it through surgery great and without a problem. He was even cracking us up afterwards coming down off the drugs(I wish I had a video of that). Then they got him up to go to the bathroom. While in the bathroom I had to hold him up when he nearly passed out. I pulled the nurse call button and they came with a wheel chair to get him. He lost all color in his face(even his lips turned white). They got him back to the room and turned him basically on his head to get his blood flow back and when he regained some color, took his blood pressure. Of course it was 80 over 50 and then the longest day ever started. We spent the next 7 hours trying to get his blood pressure back up. The nurse even called the dr trying to get him admitted, but there was not a bed available. So finally at about 8:00 with a blood pressure of 99 over 76, they decided to go ahead and send us home. Keep in mind this was suppose to be day surgery. The dr had told Brad to stay off his feet for 3 days because the swelling was going to be bad. I knew this was going to be a challenge, but never dreamed that I would have to threaten to duct tape him to the bed at 5:00a.m. Tuesday morning. Tuesday was a little better. He only got up a few times and managed not to pick up anything-shocker! Well I took Jacob to his baseball game Tuesday afternoon(which he scored 2 runs!) and my throat was a little scratchy- I figured just allergies, no big deal. Well in the middle of the night I noticed I was sweating and running a fever. I got up at about 6:30 and took my temp and it was 101, which is very high for me. I took Jacob and Carley to school then went straight to the dr. Of course my strep test came back positive. The dr said I had a horrible case of strep with tons of pus pockets in my throat. So after a quick stop by the pharmacy, I went home and went to bed. Now we were a sight to see, Brad hobbling around after surgery and me feeling like death! So to make a long story short, today is Friday and the the first time I have really gotten out of the bed besides running the kids to and from school. I still don't feel great, but feel a lot better than I did. Brad on the other hand went to work today, so that should tell you how he is doing. Please pray that my life gets better! I know that may sound petty, but I am really about to reach my breaking point!

No comments: